“one of these days i will find a GOOD woman to act like a saint while i dehumanize her.”
“good” always means “living for others even if it kills you” when youre a woman.
a mi dejenme mala.
Where do I begin with Tilda Swinton? She is a performer who laughs in the face of gender norms. I think the Doctor, being so accustomed to 700+ years of maleness and suddenly finding himself in the form of Ms. Swinton, would be just as much a stranger to the gender binary as she is. Like many of the Doctors, she is an iconic UK performer and has an otherworldliness to her looks.
“I’m a girl!”
Companion: I think it would be lovely to see a transgender companion with the first female doctor. Just for the pure Vaudeville of their conversations.
“People used to think you were a man too?”
“Yes, for a millennium or so.”
“How was your transition?”
“Fiery ball of light. Shooting plasma everywhere. Run of the mill.”
She’s perfect <3
Rich folks who take their kids to the park to “play with them” pero their nanny is one who is doing all of the playing with the kid/s.
The purpose of this blog is to be a mood board for people to pitch female or genderqueer (non-gendered, intersex, etc) Doctor Who casting. This is to showcase how amazing it could be - and to generally express to Moffat et al that a non-traditionally-male Doctor (however much we love those we have) is not the only profitable choice.
Please submit away your wishlist for Doctor casting.
We’d like to give a shout out and alert you to a new Tumblr started by a friend of GQ. Go forth and fantasize!
- Teenage boy: Mm-mmm. I'd hit that.
- Me: I'd hit that too. With a baseball bat. In the face.
Shut your mouth and leave.
Leave the planet.
George Clooney and his dad just got arrested and the co-founder of Invisible Children was also detained for tingling his dingling in public
Guys don’t panic but I think we might be trapped in an Onion article
Right. Just like when celebrities go on a coke binge and check themselves in to a hospital for exhaustion.
Could it have been…. SATAN?!
When a girl tells you if you were the last man on earth she wouldn’t have sex with you, whisper: “Who would stop me?”. It shuts her up fast.
If a man ever says that to you, ladies, look him dead in the eyes and say, “I would.” If you have a blade, a personal tazer, or any other purchased or self fashioned weapon, now would be the time to lay it on the table. It shuts misogynists up fast.
Homeboy, you need to get your little rapist problem checked the fuck out. As in, you might be one.
so many proud rapists in the world.
i just wanna crawl under a rock forever.
It’s power. Catcalls, sexist comments, public masturbation, groping, stalking and assault: gender-based street harassment makes public places unfriendly, frightening and dangerous for many girls, women, and LGBQT people.
It’s power to control public spaces. Power to alter paths. Power to shame, scare and intimidate. Power to define what is safe and what is not. It’s the power to say: “I’m entitled to touch you, comment on your body, coerce you to smile, control your movement.” Even when women perceive catcalls as flattering, they are nonetheless aware that it’s an unpredictable degree away from possible harm.” —
happy (wrong word?) International Anti-Street Harassment Week, y’all
note: this refers to spouses but it generally works the same way in interpersonal relationships of any sort. its not uncommon for this kind of abuse to be brushed off. no one gets arrested for being emotionally abusive so even when youre an abuse counselor, they dont emphasize training on this kind of abuse. as if the fact it cant be prosecuted makes it any less damaging.
- Abuser makes hostile jokes about the habits and faults of women
- Ignores the victim’s feelings
- Withholds approval as a form of punishment
- Yells at the victim
- Labels the victim with generally insulting terms: crazy, bitch, stupid
- Repeatedly delivers a series of insults specific to the victim and designed to inflict maximum psychological damage
- Repeatedly humiliates the victim in front of family members and others
- Isolates the victim socially, perhaps geographically as well (for example, by moving the family to a remote location)
- Blames the victim for all the abuser’s troubles and failures
- Threatens physical violence and retaliation against the victim, children or other family members
- Puts down the victim’s abilities as a mother, lover, worker, etc
- Demands all the victim’s attention and resents the children
- Tells the victim about his sexual affairs
- Constantly accuses her of having affairs, even when she does not have the desire or freedom to have affairs
- Gives the victim the “silent treatment”
- Threatens to abuse the children and/or get custody of them
- Tells the victim she must stay with him because she needs him and she couldn’t make it without him
- Accuses the victim of being violent if she acts in any way to protect herself
- Questions her sense of reality
- Forces economic dependency: He prevents the victim from working - either by forbidding her to get a job or by making her life so chaotic that she gets fired - and/or he takes her money
- Puts down or denies the victim’s history, heritage, faith, values
- Hits the wall, not her, to display his power
- Breaks personal items that have sentimental value to her as a message that he can break her too
- Threatens, tortures or kills her/their pets
- Threatens suicide if the victim doesn’t stay with him or do what he wants
- Spends hours cleaning guns or knives in front of the victim
- Threatens to kill her or her children
- Destroys victim’s self esteem
I miss you.
Llega un punto en la vida de toda persona en el que una simplemente tiene que irse de su casa.
Má’ jarta que ‘toy.
Sáquenme de aquí.